Rates for indexing projects may range from $3 to $8 per indexable page. This is influenced by the density of the information on the page and the complexity of the material.
To provide a quote, I will need the following information:
- an abstract or general description of the book and a sample chapter
- index specifications such as publisher style guide, length limit, and special requirements
- the approximate number of indexable pages, based on the page proofs
- the date when the page proofs will be available for indexing
- the deadline for the index
Once we have discussed your project and I have looked over the sample chapter, I will give you a quote. Once we agree on the terms, I will send you a confirmation.
- It is important that I work with the final page proofs. Because I use professional software, I can handle minor revisions easily, but substantial changes may require extra charges. In any case, I will work with you until you are satisfied with the index.
- If the publishing schedule changes, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can reschedule your project.
Rates for embedded indexing, website indexing, copyediting, proofreading, and writing are available on request.